Sunday, December 18, 2011

Perfect time for knitting...

Sunday mornings are amazing for knitting. Or at least this morning was. I was awoken at 4:30 by my thirsty little man Alex. After taking a few sips from his cup he handed it to me and went back to sleep. He and Aeryn proceeded to sleep until almost 8:30 which was amazing for this knitting mommy. I spent that time working a little bit on both of the projects that I am trying to complete.

It occurred to me yesterday that I did not include the color of the yarn that I am using for MaeMae's socks. I had a friend who wanted to know later in the day so I figured that I would put all of the stats here for anyone who would like to try this project.

Red Heart, Heart and Sole with Aloe. Color number 3965 Razzle Dazzle.

For those of you who know me personally you know that I LOVE variegated yarns. Plain colors are often too boring for me unless I am working on some sort of intartia pattern. Then I usually steer away from variegated yarns. This yarn is now high on my list of favorites. It makes pattern work very easy because it takes out a lot of the guess work. Of course you also never have two socks, or mittens that are ever the same. Which has its advantages unto itself. I can foresee myself carrying this project to work with me to work on during my free block as well as during my lunch break. Using a yarn like this one makes it much easier to transport without having multiple balls of yarn. I like convenience. And this, my friends, is convenience.

I was also given the name of another yarn I should try and I think I may look into it. It is by far less expensive than this that I am currently using. Heart and Sole is running around $6.50 for 1.76 ounces/50 grams. The yarn that was suggested to me was Deborah Norville Serenity yarn which is running for around $2.79 for 50 grams at Joanne Fabrics. (I believe this is the sale price) I will let you all know when I give this yarn a try.

For now I am off to knit some more. I may have the mystery project done today which will leave me lots of time to work on the sock. Happy Knitting~<3~

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know, I finished the socks I was making with that Serenity yarn. It was really nice to work with (merino/bamboo blend, made such soft socks!) and the striping was gorgeous. My only complaint is that one ball was wound backward from the other, which I didn't notice until partway through the second sock, so it goes light-to-dark on one sock and dark-to-light on the other. No biggie, and definitely worth the price. Give it a try for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate! I am finishing up a couple of things now and looking to start a new project so I will go pick some up. I will post pictures of the pair of socks that I am finishing now. I would love to see the pair that you did.

    ReplyDelete