Saturday, December 17, 2011

Sock happy....

So I often joke that I am an 80-year-old woman trapped in the body of a 28-year-old. There are days when I feel that this is true because I often find myself enjoying the same kinds of downtime as my 70-year-old mother. Mainly I knit. I LOVE to knit. I also crochet and would like to venture into sewing and think I would like to attempt to make a quilt. It looks like fun and the finished product always looks so pretty.

I have been crocheting for ten years now and knitting for about nine. Each has its own benefit and style so there isn't much that I have not at least attempted though I may not have succeeded in making. I am going to write this blog to keep track of the projects that I am undertaking and to try to share my love of this antiquated hobby. It's a lost are that has been on the rise in recent years. So I hope everyone enjoys reading and is able to take something away when I am done...

I am currently working on two projects. One that I can not talk about for another week because I do not know if its intended recipient reads my blogs. (But be prepared to hear plenty about this next week, making it has been an adventure) The second project that I am undertaking is a pair of socks for my amazing AmberMae. My sister had asked my mom to make them but once my mom was able to feel the yarn as well as the needed needle size she began to worry about if her fingers could handle the task. So, since I had showed an interest in working with this, what appeared pretty amazing, yarn the task was offered to me.

The yarn I am using is called "Red Heart  Heart and Sole" This is a self striping yarn that has aloe in the fibers. I have never used a self striping yarn before and I was worried at first about what was going to come of this sock but the picture below can show you that this really is pretty amazing yarn. (Aeryn has also decided that she would like a pair of these socks. Little does she know that I had already had that planned and the yarn is sitting in a bag on the table.




So now I am just hoping that I do not fall prey to what I like to call "second sock syndrome". Unfortunately in the past I have been very excited about making socks. However, once I complete the first one I get bored and do not want to make the second one. Hopefully since these socks have a purpose and are for one of my three favorite little girls I will be able to finish them in time for her birthday. Wish me luck folks! Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment