Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Blankets and Babies...

Yesterday, as I was spending some quiet time in the one place that they can be alone after they have children I stumbled upon a picture of a beautiful baby blanket with interwoven tree branches. (If you are a mom, you will know the place I am talking about) The magazine I was looking at had been sent to me by Lion Brand Yarn as an advertisement to buy their product. Something that I already do in a large amount.

The blanket was absolutely stunning and made me think of a picture of a nursery that a friend from high school had painted for her son, who is due to arrive in a couple of months. I immediately got the urge to create this beautiful work of art. For me, with each of my babies, there was nothing better than wrapping them in a soft blanket and cuddling. I know that this young woman is going to be a great mother. And can picture her with her child, rocking gently in the rocking chair, singing him to sleep. 

I have also made a new years resolution. I was reading a post by a fellow blogger and she mentioned that a friend was attempting to make 12 sweaters in the year 2012. I thought that this was a really cool idea. I am not going to attempt sweaters, but among my normal knitting, I have decided to make twelve pairs of socks.  Let's see if I can stay away from the dreaded second sock curse for this year and have an entire basket full of beautiful hand made socks. 

There are so many things that I want to knit and crochet this year. Wish me luck. 


Happy KnittinG!



No comments:

Post a Comment