Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

I have so many crafting plans for the new year. The first is to "catalog" all of my knitting and crocheting projects. I have decided that I am going to take the "scrap yarn" from all of my projects that I create this year and form them into a giant granny square afghan. I can not imagine that this will be the most beautiful piece I have ever made (at least not to anyone other than myself) but it will be the one filled with the most memories. I will be able to look at each section and remember the project that I used that yarn for and remember who the project was intended for and why.

I want to make a cook book for Aeryn. I have been thinking of doing this project for a couple of years now and had hoped to make it for her birthday last year. Unfortunately time just got away from me and it didn't happen. I plan to make a scrap book style cookbook filled with pictures of Aeryn and my mom and the recipes that they enjoy cooking together. I think she will love this keepsake. Cooking is something that she enjoys doing with my mom and I want her to have something that she can look back on when she is older.

I want  all of the gifts that I give people next year to be hand made. My nieces and nephew love it when I make them things for Christmas. Aeryn wants me to make her a different hat for every day of the year. Jay loved the blanket that I made him for Christmas....There is something about a hand made gift that tells someone that you really care about them and their friendship. I think I may have to start knitting tomorrow and just keep going for the rest of the year. That way I can hit all or the birthdays, and Christmas gifts that I would need for the year.

I started and finished my first project of the year tonight. Another hat for Alex. The second one that I made him fit him, but I would have liked it to be a little bit longer. I will post a picture of the new one in tomorrow's post. He is sleeping at the moment and I would like to post pictures of him IN it.

I also finished MaeMae's socks tonight. Another project of which I will post pictures of tomorrow. Though you will not be able to see pictures of MaeMae in them for a couple of weeks. They are going to be a birthday gift from my mother. She has requested that I make her a beret. So I am in the process of finding a cute enough pattern to fit her eccentric personality. I am open to suggestions if anyone has them.

For know....Happy New Year and Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment