Saturday, January 21, 2012

Just a bit of catch up...

The last couple weeks have been crazy busy. But I have found that I am never too busy to find time to knit a few rows. It is grounding for me. Whenever I get a little bit stressed or upset about something I am able to pick up one of the many projects that I am working on and make myself feel much better.

So Simple Silk Garden Sock
Last week I was working on one of Aeryn's striped socks at school and FORGOT it! We had a snow day the following day and I was very upset. I was not sure if I had definitely forgotten it at work or what had happened. And I was only about four rows from completing it. In a hurry to have something to work on I threw a completely different yarn and set of needles in my bag so that I would have something to knit while I visited my mother on the snow day.
A Nice Ribbed Sock

 This is the sock that I started that day. These are the So Simple Silk Garden Socks that I downloaded from the Knitting to Stay Sane blog that I read. This is the second pair of socks that I have downloaded from this site. The first pair, A Nice Ribbed Sock, is the first pair that I am making for Aeryn. I used a wonderful Kroy Stretch yarn on this sock. I will post the colorway as soon as I figure out where my knitting journal went to. I have started to keep a knitting journal to keep track of patterns, yarn and materials that I used throughout the year. It will be nice to look back on in December. As I often give so much away as gifts I never get to know how much I actually create throught the year. 

On the snow day I was able to start and complete the first Garden Sock. I used a beautiful yarn that I bought on a whim that is made of silk and bamboo. The sock came out think and warm and soft. My favorites aspects of homemade socks. Unfortunately I have not taken any pictures of the finished product yet, but I will do that soon.

The following day at school I was stopped by the teacher whose classroom I had been in the day before our snow day. He said that I had forgotten both my knitting and my sweater. I was very pleased to get both back because I was able to finish this beautiful sock. Aeryn wanted to wear both this sock and the Garden sock at the same time and was very disappointed when I explained to her that she needed to wait until I finished the mates to wear the socks. 




No comments:

Post a Comment