Friday, January 6, 2012

Getting a bit ahead of myself....

The problem with going to the store to purchase yarn is that they usually have these free patterns hanging about. I always try to take them so that I can tuck them away but lately the patterns have all been really awesome and I just want to knit everything. I keep reminding myself that I have to pace myself. But sometimes the excitement is overwhelming. So here is what I have going on.

This is the hat that I made for Alex on the knitting loom a couple of days ago. These knitting looms make making hats quick easy and painless. It was amazing. While at Michael's the other day I picked up a small book that is going to show me more things that I can do with the knitting looms. I started to teach MaeMae how to use hers this week. If she lets me I will post pictures of her awesome hat as well.
Like I said lots of cool patterns at the yarn store...and this is my personal take on one of them. 
 The pattern shows this afghan in very soft, muted floral tones. Well, when I am yarn shopping with my nine year old daughter I do not get to buy many muted floral tones. So instead I get hot pink, black, turquoise and purple. Yes, I know that there seems to be a quarter of the square missing, however these "tetris block" style pieces fit together to form a beautiful afghan. Aeryn immediately laid claim but I think this one is cool enough for the back of the couch. I think it will clash very nicely with the pattern of the couch. Which you can see pictured here. Though I have to admit, I think just about anything will clash with this couch. There are very few things that I could but that would actually go well. I guess I will have to invest in a couch cover so that my couch displays my knitting and crocheting well.

The following picture is a picture of what I would like the special blanket that I am making an expecting friend of mine to look like when it is finished. I absolutely love this pattern and I was able to find some of the softest blue yarn . Every time I knit another row I just want to cuddle it.


You can see the first set of trees developing in the following pictures. At this point I am about halfway up the first set of trees. The pattern is knitting a bit quicker than I had at first expected. So I estimate completion time to be within the next couple of weeks. Which makes me happy because it means that I can get it packed up and shipped to my friend in time for the arrival of her son. So when you read this Erin, please do not have Adin early. He has to wait for his super cool snugly blanket!






2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I've had that Tree of Life one in my "maybe someday" folder for ages. I think I have the adult-sized one, though, since I don't know a whole lot of people having babies. I'd love to see a picture when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will do my best to keep him in!

    ReplyDelete